Monday, September 1, 2008

Speculaas


Speculaas are also called Dutch spice cookies or windmill cookies. Since I have neither speculaas mold nor brown sugar, I use my lovely cookie cutter and white sugar instead. The cookies turn out fine, but I will definitely use brown sugar on my next attempt :)

Speculaas

Ingredients:
100 gr butter
100 gr brown sugar
1 egg
250 gr flour
1 tbsp speculaas spices
1/2 tsp baking powder

Method:
1) Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
2) Add egg, mix until well combined.
3) Add flour, speculaas spices and baking powder, mix until well combined.
4) Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5) Flatten dough with a rolling pin and cut into shapes.
6) Place cookies to a lightly greased baking tray.
7) Bake at 170 deg C for 15 minutes.

Yield:
50 cookies

Source:

No comments: