Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies



This morning I baked a batch of peanut butter cookies. The cookies are lovely, chewy-inside and crunchy-outside. The whole process is very simple and takes less than an hour. This time, I use Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter. Next time, I will give myself a little challenge by making my own homemade peanut butter :D

My dear nephew W loves the cookies and is asking for more! With their great sweet and salty combo, it's no surprise that they will be one of family's favorites :)

Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
115 gr butter
135 gr peanut butter
150 gr white and brown sugar

1 egg

170 gr flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

Method:
1) Sift flour, baking soda, vanilla and salt.
2) Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar at low speed for 2 minutes.
3) Add egg, mix at low speed until well combined.
4) Add flour, mix at low speed until well combined.
5) Cover and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
6) Roll dough into balls and place them 8 cm apart.
7) Gently press each ball with a fork.
8) Bake at 180 deg C for 10 minutes.

Yield:
70 little cookies

No comments: