Friday, July 18, 2008

Swiss Roll


I had a serious craving for swiss roll last night. It was on my mind before I slept and I started to think about it again when I just opened my eyes in the morning!  Fortunately, swiss roll is very quick and easy to make. Before noon, I am busy indulging myself with the lovely and sweet swiss roll :D

Swiss Roll

Ingredients:
7 egg yolks
4 egg whites
80 gr sugar
50 gr flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla crystal
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp water
1 tsp emulsifier, omitted

65 gr butter, melted
strawberry jam

Method:
1) Beat all ingredients, except butter, until thick and fluffy.
2) Add butter, mix until well combined.
3) Bake at 170 deg C for 20 minutes.
4) After cooled, spread strawberry jam over cake.
5) Roll cake, trim edges and cut into slices to serve.

Yield:
one 24 x 24 x 4 cm baking pan

Source:

No comments: